DWD is closely monitoring Government advice and the developments in relation to the Coronavirus situation. The well-being of our staff and those we work with is our first priority.
As a result of government advice on measures to fight the Coronavirus outbreak in the UK, we have now closed our office (effective from Friday 20 March) and all our staff are working from home. We have instructed staff that they should not undertake any travel or site inspections and that all meetings should be conducted via telephone and video conferencing.
We would like to reassure our clients and all those we work with that we have the procedures and infrastructure in place to enable us to continue to provide a high-quality service during this period. To this end:
- We have a robust Business Continuity Plan in place.
- All our staff have the necessary IT and IP telephony facilities to work from home.
- Our modern VPN infrastructure allows all our staff to work remotely while accessing our full range of IT systems and it allows the entire company to work simultaneously while out of the office.
- We have telephone and video conferencing facilities in place for meetings with clients, other consultants, local authorities and other organisations and public sector bodies.
- We have internal messaging systems in place to allow our teams to communicate efficiently and to continue to work together.
- We have experienced external IT and human resources consultants providing expert advice and supporting the staff working from home.
We have 50 professional and support staff in London. In the event that some of our staff become unwell we have sufficient resilience within the company to provide additional support and cover.
Some disruption to our business and those of others is inevitable. We will seek to keep this to a minimum and would appreciate your understanding and patience.
This is a fast-moving situation, which we will continue to monitor and where we will act accordingly taking account of advice issued by the Government and relevant agencies.