Qualifying as a Chartered Surveyor in 1985, Andrew was a founding Partner of Howes & Holden, a niche Retail Practice he ran for 25 years before merging with DWD in 2013. His work takes him throughout England & Wales, dealing with all formats of retail premises but with particular interest in the food supermarket sector, large space occupiers and Department Stores. In addition to providing advice on strategy for rent reviews, renewals, re-gears and restructuring, Andrew is also on the Panel of Arbitrators and Independent Experts appointed by the RICS for dispute resolution.
In 2000 Andrew qualified as an Arbitrator on the RICS Dispute Resolution Panel and followed this by qualifying in 2002 as an Independent Expert on the same Panel of dispute resolvers.
- Lease Advisory
- Acquisition and Disposal
- Rent Reviews and Lease Renewal negotiations
- Re-structuring of Leases/Re-gearing of Leases
- Advice on property acquisitions and disposals
- Dispute Resolution
- Strategic advice on rental values and market conditions
- Advice on lease structures and how they impact rental value, Case Law and Statute.
- Presentation of Expert Reports for rent review arbitrations and expert determinations.
- Presentation of Expert Reports to Court and PACT on lease renewals.
- Arbitrator/Independent Expert at third party or under PACT.