Richard has over 30 years’ experience in valuation and strategic and transactional property advice. Clients include public and private companies, SME’s, Charities and private individuals. Properties advised upon cover development sites, shops, offices, warehouses, manufacturing plants and data centres on a national basis. Richard has particular specialisms in the Central London retail and office market, advising both owners and occupiers and in development sites advising land owners and developers.
Qualifying as a Chartered Surveyor in 1990, Richard was formerly a Partner at Matthews and Goodman before joining DWD in 2004.
- Acquisition and Disposal
- Compulsory Purchase and Site Assembly
- Business Rates
- Acquisitions and disposals – both freehold and leasehold
- Bridges – negotiation of rights and valuation
- Business rates advice – appeal, budgeting and mitigation and relief advice
- Compulsory purchase - advice to both acquiring authorities and claimants
- Development appraisal advice
- Ransom advice
- Rent reviews and lease renewals
- Re-structuring or re-gearing of leases
- Rights to light negotiations.
- Riparian rights advice
- S18 diminution in value advice and reports in respect of leasehold dilapidations.
- Valuation – capital and rental and for Charities Act compliant reports.